Purpose of the Scholarship
This scholarship is set up in memory of Prof. Dr. Necdet Teymur, a Middle East Technical University (METU) graduate and an inspiring teacher.
The purpose of the scholarship is to support doctoral students who aim to become an academic within the fields of theory of design and education in architecture, industrial design, and city and regional planning.
Alongside her/his studies the student is expected to produce:
- a) an archive of the work of Necdet Teymur including the supporting material and his collection,
- b) this archive in electronically accessible format.
- a) Be registered for a full-time PhD degree programme at any Department of the Faculty of Architecture at METU
- b) The study to be in accordance with the purpose of the scholarship defined above
- c) To have passed the qualifying exam, submitted the thesis proposal and to be in a position to complete their doctorate in 3 years
- d) Be committed to education and highly motivated to become a scholar
- e) Not to have access to other scholarships.
The scholarship is 2,500.00TL per month for 3 years. The scholarship can be reviewed as necessary from time to time.
The payment of the scholarship will be managed by ODTÜ Mimarlık Fakültesi Mezunları Bilgi ve İletişim Dernegi (OMİM).
A signed letter of intention will be submitted to the Dean’s Office at the Faculty of Architecture, METU indicating:
– The PhD. program enrolled
– The date of Doctoral Qualification Exam
– Thesis title, areas of research interest and
– Intended content of the PhD thesis
Deadline for application: 30 April 2019
Interview: 7 May 2019, 10:00
Announcement of the result: 10 May 2019
The PhD student who will receive Necdet Teymur Scholarship will be selected from the applications by the Evaluation Committee with representatives from all Departments of the
Faculty of Architecture.
At the end of the three years term, the scholarship will be offered to a new doctoral student in accordance with the purpose of the scholarship in the following academic year.